Sunday, August 16, 2009

Market Mornings

I hit up two markets this weekend. The first was Alexandria's Farmers' Market at the market square in Old Town on Saturday. I got up super early and was there between 7 and 8 am! There was tons of great produce there, and I went home with some great fruit.


I really like how the flag seems to "pop" in this one:

And of course I stopped by a baker's booth too! This octopus was delicious!

This morning, I went into DC to check out Eastern Market. It has been in operation since 1873 and recently re-opened after a major renovation. The outdoor weekend farmers market featured produce as well as various craft items. These young women were checking out some jewelry made from recycled aluminum.

Inside are permanent merchants including meat and fish counters, a bakery, produce, flowers, a cafe, and everything in between! This little guy was really enjoying his salami!

Across the street, a flea market is also open on the weekends. There were tons of varied treasures to be found! This gentleman was selling fabulous mirrors of all sizes.

3 comments:

dmanlongat August 17, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

I really like the fruit. I seem to be drawn by the way you frame these kind of shots: the bikes, the wine bottles...great eye, Lauren:)

Natalie Franke August 17, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

These are all fantastic! :) Loving that picture of the fruit!

Followers