Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Update

I spent this weekend playing around with my shutter speed and how it affects the resulting image.

My friend Rachel suggested that I slow the shutter and take a picture of a clock, so it would physically show the passing of time. I don't own a clock right now, so I used my watch instead (4 seconds).

Yesterday afternoon, I headed out to Gravelly Point Park (or this or this) to practice some stop-action-pan photos. It was great because I captured an airplane (1/15 sec):

a boat (1/15 sec):

a bicyclist (1/15 sec):

and a runner too (1/30 sec):


Afterward, I headed to Target to get a memory card reader, because the one built-in to my laptop recently decided it didn't want to work anymore. On the way out, I perused the newly-added grocery section and (of course) drifted down the wine aisle. (Sidenote: this Target now sells cold beer too!) I was instantly drawn to the handful of varieties of Middle Sister Wine, especially the "Smarty Pants" Chardonnay. The labels are super cute, and each variety has a different drawing of the "middle sister." I can't wait to try them!

2 comments:

Vida Carson August 10, 2009 at 12:20 AM  

Oh I love the panning photos! You did a really great job :)

Followers