Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello 2010!

Can you believe it's 2010 already? 2009 went by way too fast! This time last year, I was getting all the last-minute details taken care of for my wedding. (Our anniversary is coming up soon! Yay!) So much happened last year! Here's my attempt at summing it up:

I got married.
We spent three months together.
We took a trip to Hawaii (our belated honeymoon).
Clay was sent to Oklahoma; I stayed in the DC area.
I started taking more photos while I had free time on my hands, and attended a lunch-n-learn workshop by the wonderful Natalie Franke, where I met some great photographers in the area (including the fabulous Vida Carson), from whom I've learned a lot! :)
I started a blog.
I quit my first "real" job.
I found my second "real" job.
We moved to California.
And I lost my appendix on the way.

We spent the Christmas weekend at my sister's in Albuquerque, and she and my brother-in-law cooked up a delicious Christmas dinner for us! Here's a look at the beautiful table (before all the food)!

Then Clay and I spent New Years at home. Since he was on duty for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (which is when my family typically celebrates Christmas), we decided to have our holiday feast on New Years Eve. We cooked up an entire turkey and I used my grandmother's recipe for cornbread dressing. Yum! Of course we toasted at midnight. (after I took a nap--I can't stay up that late anymore!) Unfortunately, one of these glasses didn't make it through the weekend: I tipped it over while cleaning up and it shattered! I hope that's not a sign! ;)

It's now January and we're still not 100% moved in. Recently, I've been shooting with friends, I attended PhotogShootout event in November, and I shot at a San Diego Help-Portrait event in December. So I'm getting back into my photography habit! ;) I look forward to moving on with that in the coming months.

Here’s to 2010!


2 comments:

Natalie Franke January 3, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

It was amazing getting to meet you this year! I can't wait to see how far you continue to go in photography during 2010! Happy New Year!

Anonymous,  January 24, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

These are smashing images LOVE THEM !!!!!!! thanks for coming to the workshop today I can't wait to shoot with you again xoxo, cs

Followers