Friday, May 14, 2010

Diabetes Blog Week - Day 5

Let’s get moving!

Oh, exercise. How I love and hate you. Right now, I am not in a good exercise habit. In fact, I usually am not. Every so often, I get into an exercise mode where I’ll hit the gym every night when I get off work. That lasts several weeks, then I fall off the train again.

Exercise is really important for me to maintain my health, and yet I still struggle to get moving. I enjoy going hiking and riding my bike, but I haven’t made those activities part of my regular routine. At the gym, I feel great after spending 30-45 minutes on the elliptical, but getting to the gym really is the hardest part for me. Besides being diabetic, I also have high cholesterol, so it is really dumb of me to not be in a better workout routine.

My husband is a great motivator to work out, but he often works out while he’s at work, so I find myself wanting to just chill out at home with him in the evenings.

Speaking of working out…. Hm… I think I’ll go for a walk. :)

0 comments:

Followers