Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lauren and Frank are married!

Well, I'm not really sure why it took me so long to blog about this gorgeous, October wedding! Aimee Westcott invited me to join her to capture Lauren and Frank's special day at Balboa Park. We started off at the intimate Saint Francis Chapel across from the Museum of Man. I had never been inside that chapel before, but, wow! It was gorgeous!

But, get this! Besides the obvious same-name thing, Lauren and my wedding day had all sorts of similarities! We both lived in Washington, DC, at the time of our wedding, and planned it long-distance so we could get married in our hometowns. We both painted our toenails blue, our dresses were similar, and our cakes even looked alike! I was secretly re-living my wedding day all afternoon! So fun!!
 
We only had about 20 minutes to rock some portraits with Lauren and her ladies, but she was excited when Aimee suggested that we do them at the fabulous May S. Marcy Sculpture Court and Garden at the San Diego Museum of Art. So beautiful!
I just love all the contrast in the shot below!
Here are Lauren's last few moments as a single lady! :)
Frank's mom gave a blessing during the ceremony.
After the ceremony, the bridal party met up for photos at Alcazar Garden.
Lauren's brother was having a little too much fun while holding the Maid-of-Honor's bouquet!
See the blue toenails?!
Getting a little touch-up during the portrait taking.
The reception was at The Prado restaurant in Balboa Park. It was the perfect setting to end this wonderful night!
I love this image of Frank watching Lauren enjoy her father-daughter dance!
Congratulations, Lauren and Frank! I hope you are enjoying your first holiday season as husband and wife in the nation's capitol! 

p.s. Check out Aimee's shots here!

0 comments:

Followers