Friday, March 4, 2011

Oceanside Beach Just for Fun Session: Sonnia

Stephanie Zyga and I headed back out for a little sunset-time practice last night. I invited my awesome (and gorgeous!) friend Sonnia, who you saw with her amazing family here. This time, we headed to the water at Camp Pendleton's Del Mar Beach.

We were a little strapped for time, so we were moving fairly quickly through the handful of techniques we wanted to practice. We started off shooting with just natural light. The marine layer was headed in already, so the sun wasn't beating down on us. Here you can see that we faced Sonnia towards the sun as it was setting.


This one is still natural light only, but I blew out the sky because I was shooting towards the sun (and converted to black and white in Lightroom).

Then we added a nice, gold reflector to the mix. Yummy!

And finished up with some flash! :)

Now wasn't that fun?!?

Thanks to Sonnia for putting up with us (again)! She's the best! (No, really--she is--she brought me lunch today at work! How sweet is that?!) And it's always awesome to get some Stephanie in my day. :) See y'all soon!

xoxo,
Lauren

p.s. If you love me here, please "like" my business on Facebook! Thanks!! :)

0 comments:

Followers